Sunday, July 6, 2014

More Backyard Distractions

The Divine Designer opens my eyes, letting me see the beauty that has made my heart adore Him.  Sharing His beauty with you from my own backyard and gardens.


Zinnia, so common, yet so perfect in design.






It's colors are so brilliant.




The little Tufted Titmouse is active and conspicuous in the treetops in eastern forests and parks.




I only had one Balloon Flower this year, but my neighbor had loads in her front yard.  Wish I could solve the mystery.




Snapdragons were my favorite flower as a little child.  I loved to open them up and put my finger inside....  I guess that's why they are called Snapdragons.




The butterflies love Pincushion flower blooms.  But I never noticed, until I zoomed in on the blossom, that it actually looks like there are little pins stuck into it.




 Another variety of Rose of Sharon.




Texas Sage blooms are so gorgeous.  But they only last a few days and then they are gone.  My bush will re-bloom only a couple of times in the summer.  Fleeting beauty.




Just had to post another photo of our House Finch, commonly found.  But we have an especially vibrantly-colored one in our yard this summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment